I had the amazing experience of following through on a long term dream of hosting a retreat. The details were based on an amazing concept hatched during sports massage with Brian at Phila Massages and as a result, I created my first ever Women’s Training and Recovery Retreat. I hosted 6 women for this inaugural retreat weekend in Long Beach Island, NJ. The weekend included:
- Daily runs
- Sports massages from Brian at Phila Massages
- Yoga and meditation with Gabbie
- Awareness Through Movement with Brian again
- And some of us sealed the weekend with a polar bear plunge!
Oh, and we ate – really good food.
The intention of the weekend was three fold:
- Get some winter training in
- Be exposed to sports massage and the benefits it provides
- Plan for the race year ahead
The unintended benefits included
- Bonding with some amazing women
- Being inspired by new healthy recipes
- A renewed sense of commitment to training
- RELAXATION! Yes, even though there was plenty to do, there was also down time ultimately stressing the need for all kinds of self care in our busy every day lives.
I am grateful to Alison, Angie, Bode, Jeanne, Karen and Val for taking a leap of faith and joining me for this weekend. I am so glad I saw this weekend come to life!